Selex ES was a company controlled by Finmeccanica, today it is a division of Leonardo SpA, a company whose main shareholder is the Ministry of Defence, operating in the aerospace, aeronautics, electronics, security and defence sectors.
The company’s need was to find a partner for the management and maintenance of the plants in the two buildings of the Genoa headquarters, for a total of almost 60,000 square metres: 37,000 square metres of offices, 6,000 square metres of warehouses and 10,000 square metres of labs and workshops.
Elsag Datamat decided to pursue a goal of improving energy efficiency through:
- Plant management and maintenance: management of mechanical and electrical plants and the computer system, with the support of a dedicated contact centre
- Replacement of obsolete technological systems with high efficiency machines
- Installation of heat recovery systems in the cooling plants necessary for the various rooms that host the servers of the Group companies
- Restructuring and expansion of the company data centre, total reconstruction of the electrical and air conditioning systems, expansion of the wiring and fibre optic cabling. All this without any interruption of business
- Improvement of energy efficiency and reduction of management costs and renewed facilities
- Optimisation of the transformation and use of energy with consequent savings in costs and polluting emissions, also thanks to the introduction of plants that produce energy from alternative sources (fotovoltaico e co-generation)
- Improvement of ambient comfort levels and for end users