CPL CONCORDIA considers occupational health and safety a fundamental requirement for the development of its industrial activities.
The implementation and effective management of a Health and Safety Policy is one of the priority objectives of the Company Management and the success of this initiative is considered the responsibility of every stakeholder in the Company.
The Management develops an Occupational Health and Safety Management System and adopts all necessary, coherent and realistic measures that allow for the:
- prevention and reduction of accidents and occupational diseases that may affect employees engaged in company activities and on company sites;
- strengthening of the safety culture in the company and awareness of the importance of these issues, consolidating awareness of the responsibilities of the company and employees with regard to occupational health and safety;
- guarantee that industrial processes are designed, implemented, managed and maintained with occupational health and safety as an important and priority factor;
- definition of objectives, planning and carrying out the activities of the Occupational Health and Safety Management System;
- periodic checks and continuous improvement of the effectiveness and efficiency of the Occupational Health and Safety Management System;
- documentation, communication and sharing of the methods used and the results achieved;
- compliance with the laws in force and application of the most advanced standards and measures on occupational health and safety, thanks to continuous and constant updating;
- collaboration with local health authorities, the national fire service, the ISPESL (Italian institute for occupational safety), trade unions, control bodies and bodies responsible for enforcing the relevant regulations.
The Management is also committed to periodically re-evaluating its Occupational Health and Safety Management Policy and System, in order to keep them in line with the company’s activities. This commitment underlines the Management’s awareness that the pursuit of ever higher levels of Occupational Health and Safety is a key success factor for the economic development and social role of CPL.
For this reason, the company’s policy on Occupational Health and Safety has been circulated to all the Cooperative’s stakeholders:
- internally: displayed on special notice boards and noted on payslips;
- externally: through the CPL CONCORDIA portal