Photovoltaic technology converts solar energy into electricity cheaply and on a large scale.
CPL CONCORDIA has been engaged in the design, construction and management of large roof-mounted and ground-mounted photovoltaic systems for private businesses and Public Administrations for over a decade, and guarantees the utmost reliability and energy efficiency over time.
Photovoltaic technology converts solar energy into electricity thanks to the properties of silicon, a semiconductor material used in the photovoltaic cells that make up the system.
The key components of a system are:
- Photovoltaic generator, composed of several modules connected to one another
- Framework used to orientate and anchor each panel properly
- One or more inverters to convert the direct current generated by the photovoltaic system into alternating current that can be used by electric equipment
- Meters that measure generated energy and the energy injected into the grid
- The technology has reached grid parity, i.e. it is self-sustaining and need no incentives
- Electrical bills are lower when self-produced energy is used
- Income from the surplus energy injected into the grid
- No pollutant emissions are released into the atmosphere
- System life exceeds 25 years and requires minimal maintenance
- Procedure to obtain permits for roof-mounted systems